Wednesday, October 16, 2019

At Last: Robert Pacilio Appears at Barnes and Noble

It has been 10 years since the publication of "Meetings at the Metaphor Cafe" and now with my newest work "Meet Me at Moonlight Beach" I seem to have made some inroads into the mainstream world of publishing and book selling. 

I was surprised when, in an attempt to persuade Barnes and Noble to carry my novel in their section What People in Encinitas Are Reading, that they had already ordered and sold the book!

"How did that happen?" I asked Katie, B and N's Community Relations Manager.

"Well, I assume that all the press clippings locally and Karla Peterson's San Diego Union-Tribune's article just alerted our staff,” Katie responded.

And Eureka! My novels were suddenly available on their website. (Three of my four novels were available ,not The Restoration unfortunately.)
Then Katie asked me if I would like to speak at the store. I calmly shrugged, "Sure. I'm pretty available."

And so it came to be that THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19TH FROM 2-4 PM I will be speaking, reading, and signing my novels at the Encinitas branch of Barnes and Noble. I'd love to have you come by, even if you already have the book to hear the story behind this book and all of the others novels. I promise to be entertaining an original. 

But that's not all that has happened. I will be speaking at Miracosta College with the author of Stella Luna on November 22 from 1-3 pm, as well as the featured speaker at the Delta Kappa Gamma Society earlier on November 2 (contact me for more information at www.robertpacilio.net.

Several book clubs have had me over to their homes, and I am grateful for their support for Meet Me at Moonlight Beach

Like on every occasion when I speak, I never know who will be there, but I do hope that you can make it. Thanks so much. Bob
 

No comments:

Post a Comment