Thursday, June 15, 2017

It's a 35 year Throwback! Rock of Ages at Mt. Carmel: 35th Anniversary!

Well,  Gang: we are all a bit older but in March of 1982 we did the unimaginable--an original musical with a live band, dancers,and a history story-line about rock and roll with killer music and images. I was reminded of this when I was talking to Marc Attinasi (our freshman drummer and my neighbor) yesterday.

So for all of you out there in Blogger land (or on Facebook) here is something to show your friends, kids, grandkids, and anyone else who doubts you were ever a 'star.' Thanks to Linda Englund's direction and Les Gripkey's band leadership, as well as Eugia Edwards, choreography. Norm Testa's family made a video/ cd of the show in its dress rehearsal (no audience) so ask me about it--or ask Norm.

Please spread the word on FB and/ or follow my blogs. As for me, the author, teacher, and such--I'm retired for last 6 years, written three novels, seen my Readers Theaters performed by other directors, which includes "Whitewash" (four times) and "Rock of Ages" in Long Beach (once by a teacher / alumni who saw the show way back when and asked for the script).

To find out about my novels, go to www.robertpacilio.net ...and yes, I still 'perform' for classes and at conventions.

One last thing, Megan Murray/ McPherson called me one day to tell me there is a FB page called "Mr. Pacilio made a difference in my life." I was blown away, and I still am when I meet folks I taught --even back when I had hair. You can reach me on FB or email me at robertpacilio@gmail.com

I'm celebrating my 32 year of marriage to Pam and I have two adult 'kids'--working in SF and DC. (A proud Dad...)

Thanks for all the memories and all the chances you took on this crazy teacher who always wanted the 'Big Dance Number!"

No comments:

Post a Comment