Monday, October 17, 2016

The 10 Best Days of My Life…So Far…

Dedicated to the memory
Of my parents and my wife’s parents.
They did the best they could
To make a better life for both of us
And their grandchildren.


So …I was thinking about some of my best days
as I walked the streets of Encinitas one morning.
(Since it is a given that every day the Good Lord allows me
to walk up and smell the roses, is a good day:)

The 10 Best Days of My Life…So Far…
1. The day I married Pamela Jean
2-3 (a tie) The days Nicholas and Anna were born
4-5 (a tie, again) The days they graduated from college
6. The day I received the San Diego County’s
                Teacher of the Year Award
7. Kathy and Mark McWilliams Wedding Day
8-9 (a tie, what can I say?) The days I took my family
          To see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band
10. The day I proposed to Pam at the Ventana Inn in Big Sur

Honorable Mentions:
The 16 years as Mt. Carmel High School’s Speech and Debate
          Coach and State Champions/National Finalists- 1991
The day both of us were in Pam and Jim Reifeiss’ wedding
The day both of us watched Bob Bjorkquist give away
          His daughter Olivia to Ben
The surprise on my 60th birthday that arrived at my front door
Every day I spoke at various schools about 9.11 to Springsteen’s
          “The Rising”
Everyday my students and I danced through the decades
The last day I taught my freshman English class:
                My final day as a teacher
                When my students stood on their desks and
                Recited:’’Oh, Captain, My Captain”
                In the Metaphor Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment