Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"Hard Choices": the memoir that changed my mind about Hillary

Well, Gang, this is my first blog post--ever. (I hope I am doing this right! )

By way of introduction, my name is Bob, and for 32 years I taught English and Speech and Debate at Mt. Carmel High School in San Diego. I have been a professor at National University for 15 years--and I have been an author since 2009. More on that later...My purpose is simple. From time to time, I will 'step on to the blogging stage' and do my best to let you know what I think. That's what teachers/ authors do. I hope you like it, and sometimes learn a thing or two... and I hope I do, as well.

A wise Navy chaplain was saying mass one Sunday, and I remembered his profound words that he opened the sermon with: "The Three B's- Be sincere, Be concise and Be gone! I'll try my best at that. So here goes...

This one is entitled: "Hard Choices": her memoir that changed my mind about Hillary

Gang: I do not post my own political opinions. However, a literary review is called for now. I wish the folks who find Hillary Clinton so untrustworthy (and literally 'demonize' her) would take the time to read her memoir "Hard Choices." I did and she revealed to me her deep global knowledge and hard work ethic. Yes,she has blundered (whether naive, misleading or inaccurate), but under the circumstances, this book demonstrates her actions have been true to the American value of public service. Reading takes time...and it is not a page turner, but her understanding of geopolitical issues is unquestioned.This memoir changed my mind.
p.s. It is a lengthy and dense  book, but the book opens one's eyes regarding how much our Secretary of State must know, whether democratic or republican.

1 comment:

  1. Replica Cartier watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of Replica Cartier watches , the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete